Sunday, February 17, 2013

UPS is, again, indifferent at best

I am SO annoyed - no, angry - at UPS right now. AGAIN, an InfoNotice stuck to my door, with a box checked saying they'd try again the next day "after 5". Well, that's better than the morning, sure, but I don't get home nowadays till nearly 6, and often a hour later than that. (My job moved from College Park to Linthincum.)

So I called and had the package held. Then I got a ride from a friend out to Burtonsville where I handed in the InfoNotice and got a package. Today I get an email from Amazon that a package was returned as undeliverable.

UPS's website informs me that it was held for me to pick up but I never did.

Because it was on the same InfoNotice as the other one. Not that that notice said there were two packages, of course. And not that UPS bothered to notify me in any way before returning the other package. Which I have had to reorder.

UPS's business model is broken. I am not their customer, they don't care whether I get anything delivered or not. They utterly refuse to hand out as many notices as there are packages and they don't bother to check to see if more than one package is waiting (they probably file by tracking number or something). And they refuse to acknowledge any of this.

So although I have sent them an email, and will call them tomorrow when they have someone answering their phones (M-F, that's when they work, and if you don't have a maid or housewife waiting for them, too bad for you), I expect that nothing at all will change.

Perhaps if they were paid COD by us, the recievers, instead of up front by the sellers (whom, after all, WE pay), they would care a bit more?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, February 17, 2013 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

The following package-tracking scam was emailed to me last September, but I didn't fall for it. Perhaps now it's also struck UPS customers who have packages held as undeliverable:
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/radDocs/consumer/SpamAlert.pdf

 
At 1:53 PM, February 17, 2013 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

No, I get those all the time. I found out about it because I got a refund from Amazon. And then when I logged onto UPS.com I found my package with all its tracking details.

 
At 2:11 PM, February 17, 2013 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

In that scam you have to pay something to get your package. This wasn't "held as undeliverable", it was "returned to sender". And it was returned.

 
At 4:02 PM, February 17, 2013 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

What I experienced was not an attempted ransom for the delivery of a package I'd ordered (as a gift to a California friend), but a "phishing" scam trying to bait me to click on a link embedded in the email message, which would have breached my computer's security for passwords, charge card info, and other ostensibly secure data.

Luckily I didn't take the bet, and instead checked the USPS website in order to view the tracking info for my package, which revealed that it had been delivered successfully to my friend on the second attempt.

 
At 4:03 PM, February 17, 2013 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Correction: I didn't take the BAIT

 
At 12:35 PM, February 18, 2013 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

The scam is that there is no package. Or at least they don't have it.

 
At 12:36 PM, February 18, 2013 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Anyway, what happened here is a totally different thing from what happened to you. No one asked me for anything, or had any links to click, or anything.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->