Sunday, February 15, 2015

Thrilling time ... do not want

a thrilling time is in your immediate futureGot this in my takeout Friday. Jokingly told people I hoped there wouldn't be "thrills" with the train up the see You Can't Take It With You and Iolanta. And yesterday, everything went smoothly... But this morning, the fortune cookie kicked in. We went down the wrong stairs at Columbus Circle so we had to go up and down stairs and through the tunnel and up and down stairs to get to the right platform. We sat down to wait for the train ... and when we got off at Penn Station I realized I had left my purse at Columbus Circle. Made a mad dash back but of course it was gone. With everything. Everything. Except my phone, which was in my coat pocket since I'd been taking the pictures... and I'm so glad. Because I got a call from a Telecharge agent, who told me someone had found my purse and called them because the ticket from last night's show was in it. And they had my phone number. Turns out she was doing home care only five blocks from Penn Station. I'm SO grateful to her, this lovely woman who found the bag, did the detective work to track me down, and gave me back the bag with everything in it, along with a big hug and a little lecture about being more careful. She's a wonderful counter to all those who bad-mouth New Yorkers!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, February 16, 2015 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Were you able to reward the wonderful purse-finder in some way -- monetarily, or with a letter to her employer praising her actions? Perhaps Telecharge could assist you.

 
At 3:26 PM, February 16, 2015 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

I did give her money. I like your idea of a letter to her employer. I have her phone number; I'll call and ask if she'd like that.

 
At 3:49 PM, February 17, 2015 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Does the woman work for an agency? If so, can you send a letter to them to place in her file?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->